Seizures after cesarean

My wife had repeated seizures (Jaw locking & rapid limb movements) 1.5 hrs after the cesarean delivery (17 Jul,2016). There is no history of epilepsy for her & near family. vitals were normal after delivery & sugar was 70. She was on general anaesthesia. She was kept in observation for 2 day & was stable. There is no observation of seizures after that incident. MRI (on 26 Jul) & EEG (on 16 Aug) show no abnormality. She is on Emelevo 500mg (B/D). Doctor has suggested to follow up after 3 months for evaluation. I am concerned if it is related to Epilepsy or any other problem? Should I expect any possibility of seizures or Fits in future as we live alone & I work from 9-6? Is this medication recommended for feeding mothers or should I switch to Formula Milk?

Doctor Answers (1) on Seizures after cesarean

Dr. Pankaj Kumar Delhi | General Physician
This condition is known as Eclampsia.. please take an advice from gynaecologist and neurologist he will guide you better....