Scoliosis Spine

I have recently been diagnosed with scoliotic spine when I experienced lower back pain and consulted doctor for the same. Doctor suggested not to sit for long hours and the curve is too slight for any intervention. I am a working girl with operations job (need to sit for long time). Can you please advise what precaution do I need to take to avoid the pain? Should I consult any other doctor to take second opinion? I don't want to leave my job due to this. Please help.

Doctor Answers (4) on Scoliosis Spine

Dr. Saras Gupta (PT) Delhi | Physiotherapist
Basically there are two types of scoliosis. One is structural and other is non- structural. Non structural can be corrected by doing basic core exercises, postural correction exercises, basic ergonomics and by treating the main cause of scoliosis because of which scoliotic curve has developed. If it is of structural type then only it can be treated symptomatically. Thnx
Dr. Rajnish Sethi Delhi | Orthopedic Surgeon
Don't sit long for more then 45 min just stand and sit. Do exercises
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello, We understand your pain and your.current condition and it not very big issue. Because 2 in every 5 has got spine asymmetry and they are all asymptomatic and it us that you have suffered pain this thing has come out. All you need to do is to go to a physiotherapist and ask for spine correction exercises and once you got to know those you need to repeat that 2 Times daily. And while you sit maintain your strait posture. Thank you
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi...., Treatment of scoliosis is based on the severity of the curve and the chances of the curve getting worse. Certain types of scoliosis have a greater chance of getting worse, so the type of scoliosis also helps to determine the proper treatment. There are three main categories of treatment: observation, bracing, and surgery. Consequently, there are treatments available that do not involve surgery, but in some individuals, surgery may be their best option...