Scar on my chin
5 years back I met with an accident and I have a scar on my chin. I am confused whether to take laser treatment or not.bcoz my friends say laser treatment makes my scar more worse. they say it leaves black mark. Scar on my chin is disturbing my personal and professional life very badly.  give my suggestions I am upset

Dr. Rasya Dixit

Hi If you think that the scar is affecting the way you  feel about how you look then you should plan to get it treated. Laser is not a magic eraser wand. There can be a good improvement however perfection is rarely possible. your dermatologist will give you sunscreens and skin preparation creams to help prevent and possibility of darkening of skin even before starting laser.