Scar on face

I have a scar on face. Consulted a dermatologist and no medicine works. She advised me to go for plastic surgery. But I am worried about the pain of surgery as I never had stitches ever. I also wanted to know the approximate cost of the same.
views-icons 93 Views Bookmark this Answer

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Siddharth Prakash
Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon 9 yrs exp Mumbai
Hi, Medicines have a very limited effect on scars. You will need a surgical procedure to make the scar look better or go away entirely. Scars are of many different types and accordingly, the procedures to make them better are also of many different types. These procedures are painless as they are done under local or general anesthesia. Visit a plastic surgeon to discuss all options for your particular case. The cost will also vary according to which procedure is needed. Take care, Dr Siddharth Prakash
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
2/2 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?