Scalp skin peeling, tan

I have been suffering from peeling of dry skin from my scalp from last 2 months and now it became problematic and painful and also tanning on forehead is increasing day by day.

Doctor Answers (1) on Scalp skin peeling, tan

Hi. Greetings. Sore and scaly scalp could be the result of Seborrhoea / folliculitis/ sebopsoriasis/ psoriasis/ rosacea of scalp etc. One of the easiest way of dealing with these is use of an antifungal shampoo under prescription. Hair loss could also occur because of the associated scalp conditions, or early onset androgenetic alopecia, and recent illness or other causes. See a qualified dermatologist in your city. You'll need scalp and hair care serums/lotions for good relief. For tanning of forehead - 1. sunscreen should be applied half hour before sun exposure 2. Daily bed time use of moisturiser like cetaphil or emoderm in case of dry skin. Reapply during lunch break during office hours. 3. Use Peeling agents prescribed by dermatologist for reducing tan. Chemical peels and micro derm abrasion is also an option. 4. Evaluation by dermatologist as to rule out any other causes of skin pigmentation. 5. Kindly read my blog on daily skin care on Practo health feed. You could send me snaps/ other queries on follow up chat. Warm regards, Dr Govind Suresh Mittal, Excel care hospital, Bangalore.