Routine eye examination
I am a 21 year old female. I recently underwent a routine eye exam in the clinic of an opthalmologist. She checked my eyes with slit lamp, autorefractor, snellen chart. My visual acuity is 6/6 in both eyes and the anterior segment is all right she said. Then she performed 'direct opthalmoscopy' on  'undilated pupils'. She then told me that everything is all right with the interior as well. My query is should I rest assured with this examination? Why did she not apply indirect opthalmoscopy? Was it adequate for me? Please reply.

Hello Direct ophthalmoscopy helps an ophthalmologist to evaluate posterior pole of eye ( central retina to mid peripheral retina) Indirect helps to evaluate peripheral retina also. Indirect is better but in routine, some ophthalmologists prefer direct ophthalmoscopy. You can request your ophthalmologist for indirect
Hi, Its all good , if required you do that , not in every patient! R u a medical person ? know so much detail...
If you do not feel assured , request the doctor to do it, She will oblige