Rolling acne scars

I have already done 7 dermaroller sittings but no change find in my acne scars. Now my doctor advised me to do subcision procedure. Does dermaroller effective for rolling acne scars?? Or should I go for subcision treatment. Please advise me

Doctor Answers (1) on Rolling acne scars

Dr. Pradnya Shastri Mumbai | Dermatologist
Subcision helps in breaking the adhesions of the base of the scar and thus lifting the scar base making it less deeper. Now considering that rolled out scars do not have a deep base, the subcision method helps but not to the extent as it would help in box type of scars where the edges are sharp and the base is deep. But this is based on the theory we learn as dermatologists. Practically, the dermatologists experience matters a lot. So here, you will have to trust your dermatologist and decide for yourself whether to undertake the procedure. Also, since I haven't been able to see or examine your scars , it is very difficult to say if the subcision will help or not. Do understand that scar treatments can go on for quite a bit of time. Every body responds differently. So my suggestion is that you stop counting the sessions because there is no formula here... there are people who get response in 3 sessions and those who get a decent response in 15 sessions. So as you have been patient so far , continue to remain so.
Have a conversation with your dermatologist AGAIN and as many times as you need to get convinced and then go ahead with the treatment.
Do not blindly believe information on the net. There is a lot of information that can mislead you.