Right side Jaw lock

My right side jaw getting locked frequently while yawning.. Not able to close my mouth.. As a countermeasure I simply relax myself for few hours slowly the jaw muscle relaxes and lock ll get release. Is ter any permanent solution Predicted cause: As my left side tooth got removed I use most chewing on my right side. Kindly guide me at the right direction

Doctor Answers (2) on Right side Jaw lock

Dr. M.K. Ansari Lucknow | Internal Medicine
you seem to be suffering from recurrent jaw dislocation ie.. displacement of the mandibular condyle from the articular groove in the temporal bone. management of temperomandibular joint dislocation depends on the underlying cause. Hypermobility or subluxation can be managed by the use of autologous blood, sclerosing agents, and capsulorrhaphy. Manual reduction is sufficient for acute dislocation; however, chronic protracted and chronic recurrent dislocations are among the most difficult to manage, and surgical intervention may be required to treat such cases for such cases consultation with a maxillofacial surgeon is required
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there we understand how you feel and your condition too, But then you see this kind of problem will be faced by people who often have hard substances as their food or even if they have habit of moving the jaws one against the other in sleep. So this I like your joint is slightly dislocated and is causing you this. Consult a maxillo facial surgeon for further help. Thank you