Right Hand pain

My right hand is paining since 10 years. Usually if I take weight I used to get more pain . but now I have continues pain from my neck till the tip of right hand.

Doctor Answers (1) on Right Hand pain

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Pain that radiates down the arm, and possibly into the hands and fingers, is frequently caused by a cervical herniated disc or foraminal stenosis pinching a nerve in the neck. The pain may be accompanied by numbness or tingling in the arms and/or hands. The symptoms may start suddenly or develop over time.The approach to treatment for a cervical disc herniation is guided by how long the pain lasts, pain intensity and the degree to which the cervical nerve and/or spinal cord are affected. Most commonly, the symptoms are temporary and can be treated successfully with nonsurgical care (such as medication, physical therapy, manipulations). If the pain does not respond within 6 to 12 weeks of conservative treatments, then surgery may be recommended. You need MRI of cervical spine. Consult your orthopedician, he will do the rest.