Right chronic epydimytis

I chkd fr RCE from a surgeon and after taking 2 doses of antibiotics doc says it's OK, refrain frm sexual cntct, does kissing cm undr sexual cntct??? Does that mean I shud never have sex??? After the 1st dose of antibiotics after 3 months Appx I felt some slag in my right testicle again, doc again gave some antibiotics and then post checkup he said it's normal again, in future how can I know that infection has reoccured so that I can get it treated at right time??? Are there some foods which can help me to eliminate the infection???/I am sexually inactive

Doctor Answers (1) on Right chronic epydimytis

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi...., Antibiotics are needed to treat bacterial epididymitis and epididymo-orchitis. If the cause of the bacterial infection is an STI, your sexual partner also needs treatment. Be sure to take the entire course of antibiotics prescribed by your doctor, even if your symptoms clear up sooner, to ensure that the infection is gone. It might take several weeks for the tenderness to disappear. Resting, supporting the scrotum with an athletic strap, applying ice packs and taking pain medication can help relieve discomfort. Your doctor is likely to recommend a follow-up visit to check that the infection has completely cleared up.