Hello Dr. I am not able to produce R sound properly,like when i say three it ends up as thwee to person hearing, i am aged 25,and about an year back i identified implications of this problem.Is it possible at this age to get the problem rectified to some extent if not fully.Would appreciate any leads in trivandrum
views-icons 95 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Rhotacism

doctor profile image
Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil
20 yrs. of exp | Bangalore | ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist
You need to first meet an ENT Specialist who will assess if anatomically your tongue is alright or not. If any tongue ties are there, it needs to be surgically released. Then you will need to consult with a speech therapist to retrain your tongue to pronounce the letter "r" properly. Use the Practo app to select the best specialist in each speciality.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
message icon Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?