Reports detail

Hie In my recent ultra sound report says I have bilateral polycystic ovaries I even did my DHT test but the range is normal My periods are regular , and have normal weight But was recently diagnosed with autoimmune thyroid and has been put on 100mcg And as I have acne my endocrine has put on cytomid 250 But as I do my part of research cytomid in women is for pcod So does bilateral polycystic ovaries mean pcod?? Can u have pcod even if you have regular menses And also is cytomid safe for me to take Also would I have difficulty in getting pregnant

Dr. Rujul Jhaveri Gujarathi
Gynecologist 8 yrs exp Mumbai

Hi, first of all, All PCOD doesn't require treatment. If we randomly do USG of 100 females, we will find 50-60% PCOD. Cytomid may help u in your acne. Diet modification will help you. And PCOD is ultrasound diagnosis and PCOS is along with its different manifestations. If you have normal cycles then you don't have to worry. Continue with your thyroid medication. If any issues, you can raise your queries anytime.
Dr. Disha Sridhar
Obstetrician 13 yrs exp Bangalore
Autoimmune thyroid is a serious condition which leads to other full blown disorders. It can cause problems in pregnancy and also the immunity of developing baby. Instead of quick fixes with drugs, I would suggest that you heal your body and then plan pregnancy. Work with a Doctor who really understand s hormones. Please  read my blog on PCOS. Hope that helps.