Repeated loose motion

My mom suffers a problem for 2 years. She cant control her motion and goes 4 times in the morning only. She has been using locomide for many days. She has gone even to siddha but nothing change .some say that it is iirritable bubble syndrome. I would ask doctor that is there any cure for this and what ttreatment must be done. Scan result and colonoscope result is normal.

Doctor Answers (1) on Repeated loose motion

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Sir,sometimes a person suffering from hyperthyroidism, celiac sprue, allergies to certain food substances, ulcerative colitis,anxiety and most importantly SIBO can also present with the symptoms you have mentioned which is differentiated you need to consult a gastroenterologist to ruleout this things. If she has IBS just taking medications is not helpful, following a healthy diet plays a important rule. Avoid spicy foods, junk foods. Avoid coffee and tea. Prefer buttermilk and lassi over that. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables rich in fibres like pears, raspberries, green peas,split peas, lentils, legumes,apples etc are rich in fibres include this things in your diet. Do yoga and meditation to destress since stress can also cause symptoms of IBS.