Regular itching of eyes

For last 1 week or so, since I have shifted to pune, i have been facing this problem where my eyes itch regularly and mostly when i come back home from outside. I have allergies to dust due to which i start sneezing. However this eye problem i have never experienced earlier. Please advise.

Doctor Answers (2) on Regular itching of eyes

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Hello. I think you have allergic conjunctivitis. 1. Eye allergies, called allergic conjunctivitis, are a common condition that occurs when the eyes react to something that irritates them (called an allergen). 2. The eyes produce a substance called histamine to fight off the allergen. As a result, the eyelids and conjunctiva (the thin, filmy membrane that covers the inside of your eyelids) become red, swollen and itchy, with tearing and burning. The key to treating eye allergies is a. Avoid or limit contact with the substance causing the problem. B. Avoid rubbing eyes instead do cold compresses. C. Use antiallergic eyedrop like olopat eyedrop twice daily d. Lubricating eyedrop like flogel thrice daily e. Use mild steroid like flurisone in pulse dose in severe allergy this will help you I am very sorry dear to say that there is no medicine that can cure allergy. Only way is to stay away from all those things that you are allergic to. This is a provisional diagnosis. consult your ophthalmologist for detailed examination
Dr. Pranav Dave Surat | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Allergy can not be eliminated. It can be suppressed only. So put antiallergic eye drops like olopatadine as and when required.