Refusal to eat food.

S not walk.Hence doc has prescribed Vit D. My 15 month old daughter refuses to eat any food.she used to eat everything till she turned 1. 1)Should we give any appetite increasing meds for her? Currently giving her iron and calcium supplement. 2)Also cold and cough is making her refuse the very little amount she eats.Any home remedies for this. 3) I am still breastfeeding her and plan to continue till she is 2.Is it necessary to give cows milk also.

Doctor Answers (1) on Refusal to eat food.

Dr. Shruthi M Delhi | Pediatrician
Appetite stimulant s are not advisable in normal children, if her weight and height are adequate as monitored through growth chart, not to worry. Continue breastfeeding, give your family food 3-5 times a day, u can give her cows milk. If there is nasal blockage use saline nasal drops 1 drop in both nostrils every 4 hourly. It's normal for children to reduce eating during illness, she should be OK once her cold and cough subsides.