chest-icon

Reduced breathing capacit

Hello, I was previously diagnosed with Koch's syndrome and I was prescribed 6 months of medication. The size of my left lung looked like it had contracted/reduced and ever since, my breathing capacity has been severely reduced. I also feel a kind of dense heaviness (for lack of a better word) in that area.

Dr. Kaushik Saha
Pulmonologist 14 yrs exp Kolkata
You have left lung fibrosis sequele to pulmonary tuberculosis. As effect of that you may have recurrent lung infection and sputum production.
Dr. Hari Om Gupta
Thoracic (Chest) Surgeon 11 yrs exp Lucknow
I think you have post pulmonary tuberculosis restrictive lung disease with thick pleura peel. In this condition pt have difficulty in breathing, chest pain & heaviness. If there is pus in thoracic cavity than situation still worsen. Pt have high grade fever and some sign of toxemia. In this condition pt need surgery ( decartication ). So please consult a thoracic surgeon, need to evaluate ur general status for surgery or proper treatment. Eighter u go for CECT THOREX & PFT and further contact me.