chest-icon

Reduced breathing capacit

Hello, I was previously diagnosed with Koch's syndrome and I was prescribed 6 months of medication. The size of my left lung looked like it had contracted/reduced and ever since, my breathing capacity has been severely reduced. I also feel a kind of dense heaviness (for lack of a better word) in that area.

Doctor Answers (2) on Reduced breathing capacit

Dr. Kaushik Saha Kolkata | Pulmonologist
You have left lung fibrosis sequele to pulmonary tuberculosis. As effect of that you may have recurrent lung infection and sputum production.
Dr. Hari Om Gupta Lucknow | Thoracic (Chest) Surgeon
I think you have post pulmonary tuberculosis restrictive lung disease with thick pleura peel. In this condition pt have difficulty in breathing, chest pain & heaviness. If there is pus in thoracic cavity than situation still worsen. Pt have high grade fever and some sign of toxemia. In this condition pt need surgery ( decartication ). So please consult a thoracic surgeon, need to evaluate ur general status for surgery or proper treatment. Eighter u go for CECT THOREX & PFT and further contact me.