Redness & Blurred Vision

There is rednesss in right eye and vison is blurred.Consulted a Doctor and he prescribed an eye drop named "apdrop".The result is same even after continuing with the eye drop for one week. Please suggest some ways to cure it and also let me know the probabale reasons for this eye problem. Thanks in Advance.

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Sangrur

Hello there are many causes for redness of eyes mainly allergy, infection, inflammation and dry eyes etc. 1. Redness + itching: allergy 2. Redness + pain + watering + decreased vision: infection 3. Redness + pain: inflammation 4. Redness foreign body sensation: dryness if there is only redness then it is normal as slight exposure to dust, temperature or air or eyes may be red in morning. Stress may also cause redness. I usually do not treat when there is only redness, you can 1. Blink a lot 2. Wash eyes with fresh water 3. Cold compresses 4. Use lubricating eye drop like flogel these measures will help to keep your eyes healthy but it will not have any effect on redness (treating general redness alone is not necessary also) having said that you should consult local ophthalmologist for proper examination and treatment. Please send me photos of her eyes and medical record so that i may guide you better

Hello There. I can understand your concern. we cannot do anything for you in this issue from this platform. you just need to consult a ophthalmologist in person and get it checked out. also, you haven't mentioned if you are having any refractive error. kindly get it checked out by a ophthalmologist in person for further evaluation and management. Best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.