Rectum prolapse

On 18th jan 2016 i had my rectum prolapse surgery. From 2 days while giving very little strain i am feeling with my fingure that there is presence of rectum just above the butthole nd there are lot of rectum muscle which is obstructing stool to come which i hv to remove manually. What to do? Is it reoccurring prolapse?

Doctor Answers (1) on Rectum prolapse

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, Success can vary depending on the condition of supporting tissues and the age and health of the patient. Abdominal procedures are associated with a lower chance of the prolapse reoccurring compared with perineal procedures. However, in most patients, surgery fixes the prolapse. average length of hospital stay is 3 to 5 days but this varies depending on a patient’s other existing health conditions. Complete recovery can usually be expected in 3 months; however, patients should avoid straining and heavy lifting for at least 6 months. In fact, the best chance for preventing prolapse from recurring is to make a lifetime effort to avoid straining and any activities that increase abdominal pressure. Consult surgeon for further evaluation...