Rectal prolapse

I suffered from constipation for a yr.I strained a lot during that time..I have small part of rectum sticking out after bowel movement. It goes in if I push in.. But sometimes I have pain while sitting and need to goto toilet for 6 times a day..embarrassed and scared.. Any cure other than surgery ??

Doctor Answers (2) on Rectal prolapse

Hello,
As per your mentioned details, you might be suffering from piles rather than rectal prolapse.
If its already diagnosed as a rectal prolapse, it is definitely managable with Homoeopathic treatment without surgery.
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Generally, a prolapsed rectum can be reduced with gentle digital pressure; an incarcerated rectal prolapse is rare. Several maneuvers to help reduce the prolapse have been described and include sedation, field block with local anesthetic, and sprinkling the prolapse with either salt or sugar to decrease the edema and to reduce the prolapse.
Although no medical treatment is available for rectal prolapse, internal prolapse should always be first treated medically with bulking agents, stool softeners, and suppositories or enemas. Biofeedback may be helpful if paradoxical pelvic floor contraction also exists.
Contributing factors, such as constipation and diarrhea, should be addressed and eliminated if possible. Supportive care should be provided according to the clinical picture, particularly in the presence of an irreducible prolapse and with gangrene or rupture of the rectal mucosa. Obtain a prompt surgical evaluation if anal incontinence is present.
In cases of uncomplicated rectal prolapse, arrange surgical follow-up care for further evaluation and definitive treatment...if no improvements surgical treatment is the choice..consult surgeons they will help you