Recovery after accident

Hi, I had recently met with an accident. Had my toe fractured. Had been on cast for more than 30 days. Consulted my doctor. Retook x-ray. He cleared everything is fine and removed my cast. Doctor mentioned I will have swelling for a some days and asked to keep my leg elevated. Which I'm following. But I still feel pain. Is this something serious? Do I have to take any further diagnosis? Is this normal?

Sharath Kumar K N
General Physician Mandya
Hello, any bone injuries usually take few months to complete heal, if there are no complications, since you have got your followup X-ray and your doctor told it has better, then don't worry, it takes few more weeks for swelling to totally come down and to be pain free, you can take calcium supplements for faster recovery, don't over strain the injured by doing more work, which helps to heal after, if pain increases or swelling increases please consult your doctor.