Reading glasses
My Aunt is diagnosed with the following lens prescription. +0.75sph, +0.5cyl, axis 160, +2.75 add in RE +0.5sph, +0.5cyl, axis 20, +2.75 add in LE She does have only reading problem. Long and Near vision are clear for her. Can she use only glasses for presbyopia? Other than +2.75, what does the other plus power indicate? Pls suggest.

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 10 yrs exp Sangrur

Hello 1. She can use glasses for near work only 2. add in near vision means that her near power would be 2.75 D in addition to distance vision. So near vision number is 3.50DS/+0.50DCx160 in right eye and 3.25DS/0.5DC X 20 in left eye
Dr. Pranav Dave
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 12 yrs exp Surat

As per the prescription given I think she is comfortable for distance without glasses. So she can use glasses for near work only.