Reaction from ornidazole
I have mild proctitis and the doctor suggested ornicef tablets but the ornidazole compound has reacted on me and my mouth lining has swollen I have taken cetrizine for now and my eyes have turned red any suggestions what should i do

Dr. Deepthi Rao Gorukanti
General Physician 5 yrs exp Hyderabad

Only cetrezine may not be enough. Consult a general physician, you may need inj avil or hydrocortisone if allergy is more. If any breathing difficulty remember it as emergency.

Hello There. I can understand your concern, you need to stop the medicine. taking cetrizine is fine. ornicef contains cefixime and ornidazole, so it could be due to cefixime also. however, i would suggest you consult your doctor again for a change of medicines. Drink lots of water. the redness of eyes will reduce gradually. Best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.
Hello..... Ornidazole is antiprotozal drug... It can cause Drowsiness, dizziness, headache, tremor, rigidity, poor coordination, skin reactions like rash, itching and inflammation as side effects... So if it's skin rash citrizine will help But for any kind of allergy you must consult doctor soon.....

Ornidazole gel for mouth Ofloxacin and ornidazole