animal-health-icon
Rat bite on my left foot
Rat bite me today on my right foot..but blood bleeding has been stop..what medicine n precaution i need to take ?

Dr. Praveen Dutt Sharma
Veterinary Surgeon 13 yrs exp Noida

Nothing to worry. Treat it as normal wound. No antirabies required.

Hello there..... I went through your query.... I can understand your concern.... simple rat bite should be treated with local cleansing soap and water and the application of an antibiotic ointment . A rodent or ratbite is usually not of any significance in rabies.... Thus, the antirabies treatment is not indicated unless it is first confirmed in the offending animal.....