Rashes near Groin

Extremely irritating rashes in my groin region. It's not on my scrotal sacs but on both sides where both my thighs join together. it affects more in summer. some times skin peels off and come as white dandruff powder from there. I suspect some fungal infection.. please suggest

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal

Hi. Greetings. This seems to be a fungal infection. Fungal infection is quite common, especially more common in men. This is often related to humidity, tight clothing, excess sweating and accumulation of moisture. You'll need to keep the area dry, wear lose clothing. You'll need to see a dermatologist for confirmation of infection and treatment with oral antifungals and creams. If there's resistance to one particular medicine another medicine may be needed depending on your improvement. DO NOT USE OVER THE COUNTER CREAMS LIKE BETNOVATE GM OR PAN DERM OR QUADRIDERM... this will only prolong the infection. You could also send in further queries or snaps of the lesion on follow up chat. Hope this helps. Dr Govind Suresh Mittal, Bangalore.