Rashes and itching

Hello, I have been suffering from rashes and itching on my inner thigh from around 2 years and I can't do anything I feel ashamed on public and college because I can't control itching I have used all medicine many doctors but there is no permanent cure what should I do.i cannot shave my pubic because of rashes plz do

Doctor Answers (1) on Rashes and itching

Hi. Greetings. You probably have a fungal infection. Fungal infection is quite common, especially more common in men. This is often related to humidity, tight clothing, excess sweating and accumulation of moisture. You'll need to keep the area dry, wear lose clothing. You'll need to see a dermatologist for confirmation of infection and treatment with oral antifungals and creams. If there's resistance to one particular medicine another medicine may be needed depending on your improvement. DO NOT USE OVER THE COUNTER CREAMS LIKE BETNOVATE GM OR PAN DERM OR QUADRIDERM... this will only prolong the infection. Hope this helps.