Rabies related query
Hi In a house party at my friend place I was bitten by dog almost 4 or 5 years back. According to my friend the dog was vaccinated and also died after 1 year. I am kind of worried about getting rabies. What should I do... please help.

Dr. J.Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
General Physician 18 yrs exp Chennai

You won't get rabies after 4 years Please don't worry
Dr. Harsha
Hi there....first and foremost calm yourself. If the dog had rabies, then the dog would have died within 2 weeks. Also if you had caught the virus, symptoms of rabies would have already manifested. So you can relax and continue daily work. If you have any further queries you can consult a community medicine doctor at any teaching hospital.