Rabies question
Sir in 2002 a dog had bitten me but at that time i have not taken vaccine,and later on after 4-5 years i got worried n took 3 antirabies vaccine in 2008,After that due to physcological problem again i took vaccines in 2009-3 vaccine,2010-4 vaccine,2011-2. vaccine...In total 12 vaccines from 2008-2012.……So my question is-1.Can i get rabies in future due to the dog bite in 2002 as i have not taken vaccine at that time??2.Will be their any reaction due to vaccines.? I have asked earlier this question in this app n Doctor Anirudh have replied that their is Remote possibilty of Less then 1% for getting rabies..But i am very much worried by knowing it,Will i really have chance of getting rabies,What should i do plz suggest me

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal

Hi, Greetings. First of all you are requested not to name doctors in your questions on practo consult. Secondly - you will certainly not get rabies now due to a bite in 2002. Thirdly - even if a dog bites u today - since u have taken so many injections- the chances of u getting rabies are lesser than the rest of the population. Please DONT keep going and taking vaccine randomly. take care, Warm regards Dr G S Mittal