Rabies Query
Please give me a clear n satisy answer...On 13-9-16 i got a scratch in my hand by the nail of a Goat..So do i have to taken anti rabies vaccine??...Does Goat Bite or Scratch needs Rabies vaccine???...Earlier i have taken Rabies Vaccine Abhay rab(In june-5 Vaccine,,and in July-2 vaccine)...And does the last shot gives protection for few months for a new exposure??I mean if some is exposed again within 2-3 months of Last dose then should he need booster dose or the earlier vaccine is enough to protect him??

Hello there.  I can understand your concern.. No i do not think that you need any vaccination. You have already taken full course of vaccination in the recent past. Its immunity will last you. Clean the wound with a antiseptic liquid. Its a minor scratch. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.