Query related to toenail

I have an ingrown toenail from about a month now. I would like to know that should i visit a dermatologist or a orthopedist regarding this problem.

Doctor Answers (1) on Query related to toenail

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, Trauma, incorrect toenail trimming, and tight, occlusive footwear are all common causes of ingrown toenails. Mild to moderate inflammation and infection may be relieved by conservative measures, including changing footwear, decreasing activity, warm soaks, antibiotic therapy, elevating the edge of the impinged nail, debridement, or removal of the corner of the toenail containing the spike. For patients who have severe impingement with acute infection, partial or complete nail avulsion is the treatment of choice. If avulsion is followed by recurrent infection, partial or complete ablation of the nail matrix may become necessary after the infectious process has resolved .both orthopedician and dermatologist will help you,, for surgical procedures orthopedician consultation is necessary. So consult orthopedician.