Query related to toenail
I have an ingrown toenail from about a month now. I would like to know that should i visit a dermatologist or a orthopedist regarding this problem.
51 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Sharath Kumar K N
General Physician 3 yrs exp Mandya
Hello, Trauma, incorrect toenail trimming, and tight, occlusive footwear are all common causes of ingrown toenails. Mild to moderate inflammation and infection may be relieved by conservative measures, including changing footwear, decreasing activity, warm soaks, antibiotic therapy, elevating the edge of the impinged nail, debridement, or removal of the corner of the toenail containing the spike. For patients who have severe impingement with acute infection, partial or complete nail avulsion is the treatment of choice. If avulsion is followed by recurrent infection, partial or complete ablation of the nail matrix may become necessary after the infectious process has resolved .both orthopedician and dermatologist will help you,, for surgical procedures orthopedician consultation is necessary. So consult orthopedician.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.