Query on abortion side effects
Hello, Recently my wife has been tested positive for pregnancy test. It has been 2 weeks after her regular period is missed. (Usually it's last week of month) But we are not currently ready for the child. So we are planning for an abortion. What treatment can be done? Are there any side effects or risk for the pills/treatment? Though we are not ready right now, we are surely planning for child after 2 years and we do not want that to be affected by this abortion. Wanted to know, if any, how much is the probability of that risk and how short term/long term it will be. Also can there be any effects on my wife's heath? Both me and my wife are 26 years old. Thank You.

“I fully understand your request, but unfortunately the “Medical Termination of Pregnancy (MTP) Act, 1971” (Act 34 of 1971) has some restrictions. I am sharing with you this Act and I encourage you to read this Act in detail. To summarize, the Act requires MTP to be performed in a hospital established/maintained by the government or a place approved by the government. As you know, this is not a hospital and it is an online consultation platform with limitations to evaluate your pregnancy for your safety. Also, online consultations are not approved by law to perform or prescribe pills for MTP. Any violation of the said Act is a punishable offence as per the law. MTP is a procedure with a possibility of severe complications including death when performed improperly or without the supervision of a registered and trained doctor. Please understand that these restrictions or MTP are put in place by law for your safety. Keeping your safety and well-being in mind, I recommend you to visit a registered and trained obstetrician of your choice along with your most recent urine/blood pregnancy test report and ultrasound report for further evaluation.”