Query about insect bite..
Hello Doctor, This is srinath 25 male here. On 24/07/16 around 10 om a black scorpion bitted me in my right leg first finger. Immediately after the insect bite within 10 min i went to salem Govt. Hospital and informed them about the incident there they injected me with two injection and said not needed to worry. 25/0716 morning i consulted with a doctor nearby my home he too say and said there is no swelling and wound so the injection which were been injected last night itself enough and not to be worried. Now my query is whether the above treatment is enough or should i consult with anyother specialist. Whether should i be worried abt the insect bite. Awaiting for the reply from your side asap... Thanks in advance.. Regards, Srinath

Hello there. I can understand your concern. Scorpion sting is not a insect bite. Its a bit of a tricky matter. Scorpion sting has a risk of causing myocarditis but not all scorpions are capable of it. As its been 2 days and you are alright, you need not worry but usually at higher centres, the patient is kept under observation for 12 hours or 24hours. You need not worry now. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain.