Psychiatric problem.

Victim of child harassment(cousin). Now in a 2nd abusive relationship. I do love my bf a lot. But we fight often(with 1st bf also). Is there any connection or problem with me only? I have heard adults with such childhood will fall prey to bad relationships. I personally crave for other's appreciation. I am totally unhappy inside with a very active life to outside. How can I overcome everything and make a progress?

Doctor Answers (4) on Psychiatric problem.

Dr. Antara Gupta Aligarh | Psychiatrist
Even if u find that there is a connection. . Then what!!!   You cannot change the past. Leave it behind.  Look ahead. You and your partner both should seek counselling.  If you are planning a future you should be mature enough to handle your relationship. So visit a psychiatrist or clinical psychologist.
Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
The childhood abuse by itself not a reason but people choosing it a blame factor to pass the buck on, then u will always seek appreciation.
If u don't get in one relationship  u will try to explore it with different  people.  Actually it is not available  anywhere.
Dr. Kavita Sagarkar Mumbai | Psychiatrist
Hi, you will definitely benefit from counseling. You need to get rid of the negative effects of your childhood trauma as well as past relationships.
Once your self-esteem and confidence improves, you will be able to have a stable and  loving relationship.
Counseling will also help your overall positivity and belief that you can succeed in life!
Do visit a Psychiatrist who specialises in counseling or a Psychologist with counseling experience.
Hope this helps, All the Best!
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello..... you need to be first mentally Stable to maintain any relationship or to be in a relationship...I suggest you to meet The counsellor and discuss the issue with them so that they can help you deal with it.... unless you come out of that childhood abuse thing you won't be able to make things calm...you need to take out certain thing out of your mind so that yiu can ve in peace .. thank you