Psychiatric problem

I don't want to live bcz I was in love with a guy for 6years I expected that he will surely marry me whenever I asked him about marriage he told me I will take care of it don't worry and he loves me very much and recently when the time came I asked him to tell about us he is saying that his Parents are not accepting because of caste and he is only one Month younger than me. But when I asked last year the same he said his parents accepted so that I was very happy so I told the same in my home. Now he blocked all my contacts and even if I am trying to talk he is saying that leave me please I don't understand what is happening and I just can't bear this I want to kill him. If he doesn't have courage why should he love me and my mother passed away when I was 4yrs old and I have grown up in bad situations now he did like this sometimes I tried to die because I am very ashamed in home because of him. I don't want to marry.want to go somewhere.not concentrating on anything.want to punish him

Doctor Answers (1) on Psychiatric problem

Ms. Sneha Bhat Bangalore | Counselling Psychologist
Hey, It's exasperating to be in a close relationship where everything seems to workout and be dumped one fine day as if nothing existed. Your anger, frustration, shame, confusion, helplessness and pain are perfectly valid under circumstances. Additionally i see that you have been a strong person through out your life. You are not someone who would let one failed relationship stop you from living an awesome life. Being the person you are, i am sure you have a picture of life partner who would stand by you irrespective of the situations. Your 6 years courtship I am sure was endearing and has helped both of you in multiple ways. However at this point if he cannot take the next step with you, it means that he is not strong enough at the point to face circumstances. Isn't it good that you came to know about it before marriage..?? After marriage there will be many situations where you need to work together and would you want to do it with someone who bails out at first sign of discomfort..?? Now that the relationship ended doesn't mean that it wasn't great or you were at fault somewhere. It was a big lesson for you to recognize the person who can stand with you irrespective of situations in coming days. My dear, it's natural to be emotional at the point and what I said might sound rubbish. Stay with the emotions for a while and you will emerge stronger and braver in no time. Take Care.