Psychiatric

I am married for 9 years. Of late( from last 5-6 years) I am unable to understand my wife's behaviour, always tries to keep me on ledge and I am always afraid of me being doing some mistakes which may go wrong with her. She is extremely narcissistic and has almost cut herself from all of my family member. She will be in either of one state a) STATE A - Almost for 20 days she will be in grieving mood and tries to dent the marriage as much as she can. Always complaining and suspicious about almost all of my behaviour. Even not picking her phone makes her angry for a week. b) STATE B - For remaining 10 days she feels one of the best person in the world , all the suggestions appears very mature and sensible. I always believed that things can be sorted out by mutual understanding and talk, but when she is in STATE - A, she behaves very kiddish and denounce any good suggestion. I wanted to meet a doctor however I am not sure which doctor I should meet a psychiatrist or psychologist.

Doctor Answers (2) on Psychiatric

Ms. Vidhi Shah Prabhu Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Hi, I can understand how your wife's mood swings would be taking a toll on you. From your description it seems like she might be suffering from bipolar disorder. However, I would prefer more details to confirm on the diagnosis. But bipolar disorder means she goes from feeling sad to being normal then to being extremely happy. However, you mentioned narcissistic attitude for which again I would prefer more details and that can be clarified in a counseling session. I would suggest you get in touch with a psychiatrist first as she definitely needs mood stabilizers. And later you can go for counseling sessions as they would be equally necessary.
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. It's unfortunate that such things are happening. It can be dealt with some counselling and few medications. Consult a psychiatrist and get her counselled. Talk to the doctor about these issues and the solutions would pop right up. All the best. And hope she gets well soon. Regards