Psoriasis.

Hi... my brother is suffering from psoriasis from past 1 year... i want to know whether it can be cured or not... i dont have any idea about doctor... i am feeling bad for my brother... what should i do now...?

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal
Trichologist 6 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi. Greetings. First of all, don't worry or don't get disheartened.Like any other informed and qualified dermatologist in the country, I wouldn't claim to cure psoriasis. Coz to the best of my knowledge of recent advances, no such cure exists in science yet. However, please note that the disease can be adequately controlled and your brother can lead a normal life. He'll need regular medications which can be stopped and checked after adequate control is obtained. We are here to treat you and help you. Do think about it. Don't get lured into any treatment claiming "cure of psoriasis" . hope this helps. Warm regards, Dr Govind S Mittal. Excel care hospital, Bangalore.