Psoriasis from 10yrs

My Friend is suffering from Psoriasis. He is undergoing treatment from a Dermatologist. He is taking some tablets and applies lotions and creams. Off late, his doctor has recommended phototherapy session as an advance treatment.When we saw the advantages and disadvantages, it came to our observation that, it might cause skin cancer.So we thought of dropping this method of treatment. I have gone through several TV interviews where an ayurvedic treatment(panchakirya karma) is effective to cure or keep it in control.Request you to let me know if this would help.I am awaiting for your response as we have to take a decision on the treatment. Thank you

Doctor Answers (3) on Psoriasis from 10yrs

Totally agree with the replies from fellow Ayurveda vaidya
Psoriasis is a autoimmune disease and in Modern medical science not a proper treatment of any kind of autoimmune disease In all autoimmune disease perfect life style is most important thing you just follow proper lifestyle proper diet avoid day time sleep udad dal bengan in diet Start ayurveda treatment with auto hemo therapy (self blood treatment) auto hemo therapy is very effective treatment in psoriasis . Start Vit B12 injection with ayurveda medicine.
Yes Panchakarma treatments do help to manage Psoriasis . treatments like Vamana , virechana and kashaya dhara etc are done with ayurveda medicines , a lot of dietary restrictions and life style changes.