Psoriasis - flake spread

Hello Doctor, This is Kiran. I'm suffering from Psoriasis for the last 10yrs. Now there's considerable spread of the flakes on my body (hands,legs,face) from the last 3 months. I have taken allopathy, homeo and ayurveda for considerable duration before stopping medicines completely for the last 1.5 yrs. I also had an operation for sinusitis 3yr back after which I had flakes on my back. Allopathy subsides the flakes but as soon as I stop it within a week flakes will start whereas homeo and ayurveda never gave me any results. Pls advice what should I do now.

Doctor Answers (1) on Psoriasis - flake spread

Greetings. Like any other informed and qualified dermatologist in the country, I wouldn't claim to cure psoriasis. Coz to the best of my knowledge of recent advances, no such cure exists in science yet. However, please note that the disease can be very well controlled and you can lead a normal life. You'll need regular medications which can be stopped and checked after adequate control is obtained.But you may have to be patient and regualr with treatment. Don't get lured into any treatment claiming "cure of psoriasis" . hope this helps. Warm regards
see a qualified dermatologist near you
Further queries can be sent on follow up messaging