Psoriasis cure!!

My friend has scalp psoriasis and there a patches on the scalp ,near eyes n ears.i think its in starting stage. He is using some ointment but the results are not so upto the mark.Is itcurable? If so suggest me good doctors for complete cure.

Doctor Answers (1) on Psoriasis cure!!

Hi. Greetings. I am a dermatologist practising in Bangalore. However, like any other informed and qualified dermatologist in the country, I wouldn't claim to cure psoriasis. Coz to the best of my knowledge of recent advances, no such cure exists in science yet. However, please note that the disease can be adequately controlled and the patient can lead a normal life. You'll need regular medications which can be stopped and evaluated after adequate control is obtained. We are here to treat you and help you. Don't get lured into any treatment claiming "cure of psoriasis" . hope this helps. Warm regards, Dr Govind S Mittal. Excel care hospital, Bangalore.