chest-icon

Presistant Cough

Hello, I am having cough for few days. Its a dry cough. Previously my family doctor checked me and prescribed me anti allergies tab "montecope" and "Zeet Syrup". When I took those medicine I got relax for 2-3 days but after that it again started. Please help me.

Hello there. You might be allergic to something which can be causing this problem. Do you have any sort of soreness in your throat? Drink Luke warm water, you can take a syrup dextromethorphan and CPM combination syrup 5nl thrice a day for 5 days. If it still doesn't subside, consult a physician in person. After taking the syrup you may feel a bit drowsy so advice you to not drive. Regards
Dr. Avik Ghosh
General Physician 2 yrs exp Kolkata
Try codeine containing cough syrup, like corex, but stay cautious not to take in too much, as it causes sedation. And get a tuberculosis test done, just to be on the safer side.