Pot belly. No improvement

I have this pot belly problem for a long time.  No matter how much I walked or ran or exercised, I was not able to get rid of it.
Note that I don't eat junk foods, but will be having soft drinks mostly. I wake up at 7:00 AM, leave for office at 08:00AM and will return at 11:00PM. Please suggest something.

Doctor Answers (1) on Pot belly. No improvement

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
hello there.
I understand your concern, I'm sure you know that there is a strong correlation between obesity and cardiovascular diseases and many other problems.
here e are a few things which you can consider.
1. eat breakfast Like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper. don't ever skip breakfast. you could consider having 5 small meals a day in which the quantity remains the same as you would normally have but you just need to divide it in 5.

2. quit carbonated drinks because they have been known to cause many other health related problems. so if not all of a sudden, do it gradually.

3. take high fibre and high protein diet and include greens and fruits.

4. drink plenty of fluids, keep yourself well hydrated.

5. have atleast 3 cups of green tea in a day.thy are packed with anti oxidants which will keep you going.

6. Brisk walking tht is at a pace of 6 to 7 kms per hour for about 20 mins in the morning and 20 mins in the evening.

7. dine early as far as possible. try to finish off dinner by 7, and if you feel the need to eat you could have a fruit.

8.this is the main point you need to keep in mind. BE PERSISTENT AND DONT LOSE HOPE.. this will require time and effort but I'm sure it will pay off.

9. contact a good dietician for further help.

10. there are certain medicines that can help in your condition but I suggest you to leave it as a last resort.

11. ALL THE BEST!

kind regards,
Dr Anil jain.