Pneumococcal Vaccine
My baby is about to complete her 5months... Due to some reason we changed her pediatrician.. Last two pediatrician did not asked about pneumococcal vaccine but current 1is asking... Is it OK to give this veccine after 5month.. Or can be skip ... Is it going to effect my baby pls help..

Dr. Poonam M Sambhaji
Pediatrician 11 yrs exp North Goa

Hi. Rotaviral pneumococcal and injectable polio all are optional vaccine, its your call to vaccinate the baby or no. In layman's term its like using an umbrella for self and using umbrella and a raincoat for your baby, that's what we do usually EXTRA PROTECTION and its your choice.
Hey, pnumoccocal vaccine, rotavaccine  are  additional vaccines they are not routine ,you can immunise if you wish . most of the children are not immunized with these vaccines as they are costly . it's given to prevent pnumoccocal pneumonia in children