Pls suggest epidural
Doctor Answers (2) on Pls suggest epidural
Epidural analgesia is a cornerstone of modern Obstetrics, reducing the amount of sensory pain input and preserving motor function required for normal delivery.
1. Effective analgesia.
2. Excellent safety profile.
3. Reduces the rate of Caesarian on maternal request ( CMR) due to fear of pain.
4. No requirement for additional pain relief if operative vaginal delivery or intervention is required.
1. May prolong labour.
2. May increase the rate of ventouse/forceps delivery by minimal amount.
3. Operator dependent. Requires trained personal for insertion of Epidural catheter and monitoring of baby during labour.
Please discuss the availability and feasibility of Epidural delivery with your primary treating Obstetrician to facilitate, timely Epidural insertion during delivery.
Do let me know if there are any further queries.