Plexiform Neurofibromas

My husband is suffering from plexiform neurofibromas. He developed it at the age of 19 when he was given subcutaneous injection for some itching and rashes. The number of lump has not increased. However, he feels pain in the body esp back. Can you tell me if our kids would also inherit the disease? Also, the best doctor for this in Delhi?

Doctor Answers (1) on Plexiform Neurofibromas

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Neurofibromatosis is a genetic disorder that causes tumors to form on nerve tissue. These tumors can develop anywhere in your nervous system, including your brain, spinal cord and nerves. Neurofibromatosis is usually diagnosed in childhood or early adulthood... Neurofibromatosis type 1 (NF1) and type 2 (NF2) are neurocutaneous disorders inherited as autosomal dominant genetic syndromes. Autosomal dominant genetic transmission indicates that one copy of the altered gene is required for phenotypic expression. Autosomal dominant syndromes are characterized by a high rate of mutational change that occurs for the first time in an individual. ..