Planning to be parent

Me and my wife(Both working as software engineer at Hyderabad. Me aged 31 years and my wife aged 30 years)are married from past 2 years, and have done sex only using contraception till date. Now we are planning to have a kid. Would you be able to tell me what/how to start with. Basically my questions are 1-Do we need to do any test/consult any doctor before start trying ? Like thyroid and all for me and my wife. Or we can just start trying? 2-Do I need to take any specific diet for healthy sperm/delay ejaculation, Does my wife need to take any diet for ovulation? 3-Sometimes I do masturbate apart from our regular sex, Do I need to stop that ? If I still can have how many times I can have masturbation per week(Just a casual question) 4-Do we need to do sex at any specific position to increase the possibility of pregnancy? 5-When to have the sex to increase the probability of pregnancy? With respect to my wife's regular periods. 6-I have penis size arnd 5 inch in erection if that is ok?

Doctor Answers (1) on Planning to be parent

Dr. Vinay Gupta Bilaspur | Sexologist
Nothing to worry  or nothing to do any thing special. U make regular physical relations during fertile period (during time of ovulation) with ur wife . This period is from 11 day to 17 day,counting 1st day when period start. Wait for six months, if ur wife dors not achieve pregnancy, then only consult a specialist.