Im 18 years old girl . I have permanent scars that remained after pimples .some of my marks are now black nd they are very embarrassing. Always Whitehead turns into first blood and then they become black permanently. I have a black mark on my upper lips and that is 3 years old. I tried alot to get rid off these pimples but it is not stopping. I dont eat junk food too. Im lead singer of a band i use to perform in shows but this problem embarrase me alot. Im sending a closer picture of my face please help me.
Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice
Greetings. Acne is a chronic problem. You may need a few medications and lifestyle changes for long term improvement.
The following would help you :
1. Daily use of gel based sunscreen in day time of SPF 30 applied half hour before sun exposure to prevent darkening of spots.
2. Daily bed time use of retinoid cream will reduce acne and oiliness
3. Antibiotic agents short course- prescribed by dermatologist for controlling out bursts .salicylic acid based or benzoyl peroxide based face wash for oily skin.
4. Evaluation by dermatologist for any other trigger or need for oral retinoids- this will indeed help but should be taken only if necessary and under monitoring. Also salicylic acid Peel if needed
5. Procedures like microneedling rf, fractional lasers or just microneedling for scars are helpful and necessary. Chemical peels for acne and spots.
Using an anti fungal shampoo will be of great help in reducing dandruff and also pimples on forehead
6. Kindly read my blog on daily skin care on Practo health feed. Daily fitness work out and loads of fruits and veggies will help loads in improving your skin.
You may Send further queries/ pics of lesions on private follow up chat.
Hope this helps.