Pimple and scars

After using krimson 35 i got too much of pimples but my friend suggested me to use clindac oinment and i have oily skin can i use that oinment

Doctor Answers (1) on Pimple and scars

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...acne and it complications like acne scars are caused by various causes including hormonal imbalance, infection. It is gets exacerbated if you are using any steroids. Firstly stop those things. Secondly you need to be careful about your diet. Avoid oily and junk foods. Thirdly acne is a continuous problem upto age of 40 years. When it comes you have to take treatment. And treatment is given based on severity of acne. For mild cases, topical antibiotics like clindamycin, azithromycin, retinoids like tretinoin are given. For moderate degree, oral antibiotics like azithromycin, doxycycline, topical creams like clindamycin, tretinoin, adaplene, benzyl peroxide are given. In severe cases, oral retinoids like isotretinoin are given. This given long term relief. But has its side effects like increased dryness (you can use moisturiser), alters cholestrol, teratogenic. So few tests will be done before starting. The treatment will be long and continuous. It will take time to heal your  acne. Don't get too stressed. Also don't pick your acne. It will cause scars. Only treatment options for acne scars are derma roller and lasers. Kindly consult a dermatologist.  I am sure they will be able to treat you according to severity of your acne.