Pigmentation

I have brown patches on my limbs due to sun exposure which are quite prominent because I have a pale skin tone, I have started using sunsreen but the condition hasn't improved, is there anything I can do to get rid of them? Is laser therapy an option for large areas of skin and also is it worth it?

Doctor Answers (1) on Pigmentation

Dr. Rasya Dixit Bangalore | Dermatologist
Hi it is normal for constantly sun exposed arras such as arms , face and neck to get tanned. Regular use of a sunscreen as well as protective clothing prevent further tanning and over a period of time can help lighten the pigmentation. you can try chemical peels and laser for skin lightening however I think as the condition can recurring very easily with exposure to sun I will recommend that you consider waiting for it to resolve naturally. this may take a few months. please contact a dermatologist who can prescribe oral vitamins and exfoliation creams to help you