Phimosis acq/para dntknow

To begin with,now since I started searching for a cure I found that I had phimosis for some time ie. tight fore skin opening. But recently I noticed a red patch on the glans penis so I decided to forcefully pull down the foreskin but after doing that it started paining and that red patch seem to be some kind of infection which occurred over some time. And now it is paining alot and the foreskin has stuck below the head of the glans. I have been suggested that I use soframycin on the affected area ie the red patch for the infection. But the foreskin that is stuck below still is one of the concern apart from the infection. Will it be cured over time or do I need to consult some kind of surgeon or specialist. If I have to consult some what type of surgeon should I go to. Ie what should be the field of specialisation. And if not then what should I follow. Should I follow soframycin or should I use some other ointment. Please help.

Doctor Answers (2) on Phimosis acq/para dntknow

Dr. Amod Dwivedi Kanpur | Urologist
Due to forceful retraction of tight forskin, you have now developed paraphimosis. It is surgical emergency. Red patch over glans may be any inection or a premalignant lesion also. Please consult any urologist .
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Phimosis refers to the inability to retract the distal foreskin over the glans penis. Pathologic phimosis defines an inability to retract the foreskin after it was previously retractible or after puberty, usually secondary to distal scarring of the foreskin. Paraphimosis is the entrapment of a retracted foreskin behind the coronal sulcus. Paraphimosis is a disease of uncircumcised or partially circumcised males....Up to 95% of cases of phimosis have been shown to respond to application of topical steroids to the preputial orifice, although some studies have suggested that this response rate may decline several months after the regimen is completed. An initial attempt at medical intervention has been shown to reduce costs by 27.3% in comparison with primary circumcision as a treatment...consult nearest urologist they will help you further Regards