Phenobarbitone in newborn
My son is 63 days old. He has prolonged jaundice, unconjugated hyper bilirubinemia. So doc has given phenobarbitone syrup. What will be the side effects of these drug in my son. Kindly tell me

Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  You can ask the paediatrician itself. But anyways, there wont be any problem in your child. I'm sure the doctor knows what he is doing. Unless you have consulted a quack. Kindly consult a paediatrician in person for further evaluation and management. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.