My daughter is 39 days old . I am breastfeeding her. I just wanna know
1. How can I increase breast milk as in the evening I feel that it's low.
2. I feel pain during excretion.
3. There are small acne near vagina.
4. Pregnancy Stretch marks
5. Pain in lower abdomen while changing side.
6. Vaginal discharge
How to resolve all this?
Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice
Thank you for your query.
1. Subjective low breast milk secretion, is always a worry for new mothers. But rest assured the baby shall feed according to her fill on demand, if the baby's urine and stool passage is normal, her feeds are adequate. You could pay importance to correct breast feeding techniques and your nutrition, hydration as well. If you still feel that the baby is hungry, galactogogues like metoclopromide may be prescribed by your Gynaecologist.
Exclusive breast feeding for 6 months is a must.
2. To answer your questions regarding genital issues, I'd need to know the mode of delivery ( caesarian or vaginal), and weather forceps was used during delivery or not. In,addition please also note color of discharge ,bleeding, fever,spotting or foul smell. Persisting pain, boil and discharge may indicate infection so a review of the perineal wound is necessary. You may consider laxatives like Srp Duphalac to prevent constipation.
3. Pregnancy stretch marks will fade away with time. You could use locally available moisturizer or creams or oils to keep the skin hydrated.
4. Pain in abdomen, again if associated with urinary difficulty may be due to infection. Non-specific pain may be relieved by simple analgesics like paracetamol.
Do let me know if there are any further queries.
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.